1.blog awards ireland

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Being Matty's Mother...


By the look on his face you would have thought he was trying to pass a kidney stone.  His anguished expression along with his incessant groaning and moaning had me in silent hysterics.  I calmly rubbed his back as he sat on my lap with tears streaming down his face.  The tooth was only just hanging on by the most minute thread, but Matty wouldn’t hear of me touching it.  There was only one thing to do.  Savor the sweet tenderness of this unexpected memorable moment of motherhood.

I think that’s one of the wonders of being a mother.  The good times often hit when you least expect them to.  Life is full of little surprises when you’re raising a child.  Be it an unexpected “I love you” or a hug driven stampede or simple session with your melodramatic son, your day is filled with spontaneous moments of extreme happiness. 

1 comment: