1.blog awards ireland

Monday, August 8, 2011

A low grade fever and a highly emotional mother

It’s in the most sacred moment between Matthew and I, when he calls for me in the middle of the night, when I have him in my arms breathing into my neck and when only I can soothe him, that I’m reminded in the most beautiful way that I am blessed to be this child’s mother. I can feel my heart melt. My shoulders tremble and tears fill my eyes, and I allow myself to weep these silent tears of joy. I am cradling my son and I feel so high. This love is my drug. Willie Nelson, America’s loveable Country and Western singer is with us in the back ground, and his sweet and gentle voice lift me up to a sort of heaven on earth. I am perfectly content. I lack nothing. And I feel an exquisite peace that only my son can bring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment