1.blog awards ireland

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Revelations.

Can we go back to talking about those annoying advice giving ignoramuses? This is a subject that has, and I fear will always, plague me. I don’t know how to deal with them! I often wonder if my reaction to them (anger, hurt, disbelief) is a reflection of some insecurity of mine. Because why is it that silently cursing them in my head isn’t enough for me? Why is it I feel the need to confront them? For some reason I have the strongest urge to say to these people that their ignorance and stupidity doesn’t grant them the right to comment on people who are guilty only of being different from them. So my question is this: when is it OK to use the F word?

A few weeks ago during a beautiful, sunny stroll in one of Dijon’s most charming gardens, I came to a profound conclusion. As adults we will always have our own issues. No one ever scores a ten out of ten on their psyche exam. It’s normal to have a few complexes and insecurities. It’s normal to have an Achilles heal. And as parents the correct thing to do is do try and understand that as long as you’re functioning normally in society, you can quit reading your self-help books and worrying about your little problem areas. Hey, if you’re happy, you’re healthy. That’s my motto. The most important thing is that little blond babbling boy sitting up in his pushchair pointing at the ducks.

No comments:

Post a Comment